- 6754 Santa Barbara Court, Baltimore, MD, United States
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
The Operations Support role is a vital part to the overall operations to the plant. And the experience you have may make you a perfect fit to join our team at our Elkridge, MD plant. You will be called upon to assist with, and may be assigned work in, any area of the plant, including coating lines, slitting, shipping, receiving, paint vault, and packaging.
Want to take your career to the next level? Working at Precoat Metals can take you down a career path of multiple opportunities, including opportunity to move into more skilled Line Operator positions. Start your success down a great career path today with Precoat Metals!
Some of your Responsibilities include:
- Retrieves and transports bare coils and maintains flow of metal to lines by safely operating cranes, fork lifts, and upenders without damaging material or equipment.
- Trims, packages and bands finished coils according to customer specifications using proper skids, bands, pads, and wrapping materials.
- Inspects coils and identifies and reports defects.
- Reads and interprets production schedules.
- Accurately identifies proper skid and package specified on schedules.
- Reads and accurately records coil weights, order numbers, etc.
- Loads or unloads received or shipped coils onto or off of trucks.
As the selected candidate, you will need a high school level reading and writing, visual acuity to read labels, meters, gauges, documents and instructions, in addition to the following:
- Ability to read and comprehend written materials such as schedules, SOPs, work rules, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all members of team.
- Ability to safely operate small manual and electric hand tools.
- Available to work up to 12 hours per day on rotating shifts, that could include weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Precoat Metals is a Drug Free Workplace.