- St. Louis, MO
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
The selected individual will play a key role in providing our company’s dynamically changing programming needs. The Programmer/Analyst will continue to evolve informational tools for our customers, both internal and external. Recent initiatives undertaken include our Portal, a system to collect and enable analysis of key production and quality data. This customer-facing system is a critical business component for our sales team. This position will provide virtually unlimited opportunities to continue to develop/refine their programming and communication skills.
- Working directly with the user base across our thirteen production facilities and team members within our Business Systems group, you will design and deploy applications that increase our company’s operational efficiencies and process controls.
- Key player in building web interfaces with iSeries (AS400) using a variety of development tools
Technical Knowledge - 3 or more years work experience with:
- PHP experience with Object Oriented design; submission of code samples is an advantage
- Understand how data moves around within the web and have a firm grasp on the following concepts: stateless communication, POST, GET, HTTP Response/Request, AJAX, etc.)
- Experience with a PHP Framework (Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, Symfony) including a grasp of the MVC (Model-View-Controller) paradigm
- Familiarity with Apache, Websphere & IBMi, are a plus
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Possesses strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and in conversation
- Performs at a high level working independently or as part of a team
- Supports and functions well in a continuous improvement, customer-focused environment
- The ideal candidate would possess the ability and desire to ultimately lead a project or initiative from concept to implementation throughout our company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.