- Oak Brook, IL
Prestige Career Consultants is a full-service, contingency and retained executive search firm, whose recruiters have been supporting the recruiting needs of major corporations, midsized companies and startup firms throughout the United States for over a decade. We specialize in manufacturing, technology, finance, engineering,software sales, and accounting. We work on retained, exclusive and contingency full time permanet poistions for clients worldwide from individual contributor roles to C-level executives. .
• Develops creative recruiting strategies to attract qualified candidates to meet customer demands.
• Develops a network of candidates and maintains an internal database of all qualified candidates.
• Leverages resources to recruit the highest caliber candidates through online social networking and job boards, community involvement, professional networking, and local media resources.
• Analyzes candidates found through prescreening activities and evaluates skills and experience to determine match to inventory needs.
• Assesses candidate hard and soft skills through a combination of behavioral interviews and competency based evaluations.
• Schedules interviews for prescreened candidates prioritizing based on current branch needs.
• Coaches Associates on enhancement of skills for career development and leverages internal training and development tools.
• Participates in daily requisition meetings, prioritizing open orders, and allocation of recruiting resources.
• Coordinates job order distribution and communicates customer needs with receiving branch while maintaining the customer relationship.
• Develops candidate executive summary for resume submittal.
• Facilitates interviews with candidate and customer, including candidate preparation and client brief. Conducts debrief with candidate and customer following interviews.
• Extends offer of assignment including compensation and bill rate negotiation
• Facilitates Adecco-specific on-boarding process.
• Maintains and updates thorough, accurate, and compliant documentation of all client, candidate, and temporary employee interactions via front office system and filing system.
• Provides Associates with guidance on policy interpretation, benefits, career development, and training opportunities.
• Develops long term relationships with Associates while on assignment, striving for redeployment.
• Performs Associate coaching and counseling, disciplinary action, and employee terminations.
• Creates and executes client-specific on-boarding, orientations, presentations, documents, screening and testing.
• Makes calls and visits to customers and prospects to discuss services, and resolve issues, to gain a better understand of client environment and needs, maximize level of service, and encourage relationship building.
• Evaluates customer and Associate satisfaction via surveys and interviews.
• Supports the on-boarding of new customers including terms and conditions, risk and credit assessment, negotiates and calculates pay and bill rates, temp to perm conversion schedule, direct hire fees, and requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum two (2) years sales experience in a fast-paced environment or one - ten years of recruiting experience
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and customer service skills required.
• Must have the ability to learn new software and navigate the Internet with ease.
• Capable of handling multiple tasks, problem resolution, and prioritization.
• Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and networks.