- Chicago, IL
A high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks software developers excited to design in-house trading systems that are robust, resilient, and blindingly fast. These systems enable us to execute algorithmic trading strategies based on patterns in market behavior. By building and maintaining this high-performance infrastructure, our developers have helped to position the firm as a leader in the field of quantitative trading. At our firm, you will shape the future of this lucrative industry while you work alongside other exceptional programmers to solve some of the most challenging engineering problems in the world.
As an Infrastructure Developer, you will expand our trading capabilities on markets around the world. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing a high-frequency trading platform, which includes collecting quotes and trades from and disseminating orders to exchanges around the world
- Optimizing this platform by using network and systems programming, as well as other advanced techniques to minimize latency
- Developing systems that provide easy access to historical market data and trading simulations
- Creating tools to analyze data for patterns
- Building risk-management and performance-tracking tools
A strong background in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming, preferably in C++
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Python or Perl and shell-scripts a plus
Company offers excellent Benefits, competitive salary, great bonus potential, upward mobility and an opportunity to work on some of the most innovative designs in the industry.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.