Network Architect, Cloud Virtualization
- San Jose, CA
Qualified candidates must have 6-8 year experience with Cloud, Virtualization, Networking, Storage and other similar enterprise technologies including scoping, planning, installation, migration, Sizing and integration of Enterprise Cloud Subsystems; cloud network in heterogeneous server/storage physical & virtual environments.
- Provides strategic direction and R&D for network engineering organization. Designs and implements new network architectures and infrastructures, new products and operational standards, performs specification, evaluation and deployment of new network equipment and technologies
- Leads design, development and deployment of new technologies, services and underlying Cloud Network Infrastructure. Architects complex networks and multi-server systems. Works with other engineering/development teams to create robust scalable solutions
- Responsible for architecture, design and solutions of highly scalable, highly available and secure system infrastructure for distributed Cloud Data Center and migration scenarios
- Provides in-depth technical and business expertise with regards to Virtual Cloud Infrastructure involving VMware/Cisco/EMC/Juniper and other virtualization products to support customers and partners
- Provide research and development to ensure that the infrastructure is well positioned to support current and emerging distributed Physical, Virtual, and Cloud solutions
- Defining the cloud architectures, evaluating products and implementing new technology into the offerings
- Evaluate multiple vendor data products through documented test plans, select vendors, and develop engineering specifications, use cases, and guidelines, write proof-of-concept code for these products, including virtualization, automation, QOS. Make recommendations about platform and technologies
- Produce detailed functional and design specifications for cloud network infrastructure
- Write detailed instructions of new procedures to be followed by the Storage, Platform and other data center operations team
- Work closely with other Cloud System Architects, Virtual Storage Architects, product teams, and operation teams to deliver high quality products and customer satisfaction
- Maintain overall design integrity of the virtualized infrastructure
- Analyzes and plans growth and capacity of production networks
- Follow rigorous cloud and local data center hardware and operating system implementation and management process to achieve goals and time frames
- Provide technical support and training to staff on all related technologies as necessary
- Assists lower level engineers as the highest point of technical escalation
- Must be available to participate in group's on-call rotation. Flexible to work on holidays if unavoidable work situation(s) arises.
- Some travel may be required.
- Should have at least 5 years’ of experience in Cloud Network Design/Engineering/Architecture
- In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with a full range of layer 1-7 technologies and protocols (advanced layer2; redundancy protocols, advanced OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, IS-IS and other routing protocols, advanced layer4-7 load-balancing, security, content management, and other technologies)
- Extensive experience working in large-scale datacenter/LAN environment
- Proficient in designing/developing/deploying multi-tiered secure solutions for high availability, scalability, and high performance.
- Advanced knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in Cisco routing and switching equipment and technologies (hardware/software, full/advanced configuration, advanced troubleshooting)
- Experience and strong knowledge of Cisco UCS technologies, Nexus networking (Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, 1k, Nexus 1010, NX-OS and so on), Cisco 3500/3750, 4500/6500 Catalyst Switches, Cisco Service Provider router – ASR 9000/1000, Cisco Integrated Services Routers 2800/3800, 2900/3900, Cisco ASA, Cisco IPS, Cisco MDS, Cisco FEX and FI
- Advanced hands-on experience with Juniper networking equipment – Juniper SSG/ISG, Juniper IDP, Juniper VPN solutions, Juniper STRM
- Experience with networking equipment and technologies of other vendors (Nortel, Nokia, Checkpoint, and/or other)
- Excellent ability to create detailed physical and logical network diagrams and design documents. Advanced knowledge of Visio/CAD programs.
- Highly proficient in TCP/IP protocol suite, DNS and IP space management
- Advanced knowledge of ticketing systems, monitoring and network management tools, and experience with design/development/operational deployment of such systems
- Ability to program in Perl and automate routine network management tasks. Other programming languages and database administration skills a plus
- Highly proficient in Cloud Computing and Windows, UNIX, Linux operating systems, including advanced network configuration and protocol stack tuning. Advanced system administration skills and knowledge of other operating systems a plus
- Strong understanding and extensive experience with VoIP Clouds and infrastructures
- High level to expert level experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Xen and KVM
- Experience with Infrastructure As a Service with system, network, database, storage administration
- Strong understanding and experience of Storage Area Networking (SAN) technology, and Storage Virtualization Technologies, performance management data replication technologies. SAN/NAS/DAS with various vendors like Hitachi, EMC etc.
- Understanding of Cloud based Wireless network technologies
- Hands-on experience with advanced testing tools and technologies (Smartbits, Spirent and similar equipment/technologies)
- Candidates must be able to meet the requirements that are stipulated for the service provider.
Required Education and Certification:
- MS Degree or equivalent in MIS/Computer science or equivalent experience
- Must have advanced certification (CCNP or CCIE).
- Multi-lingual a plus
Job Type: Full-Time – W2 – Direct Hire
Job Duration: Permanent
Travel Involved: Up to 10%
Compensation: Up to $125K