- Arlington, VA
Our client is seeking an IT Manager who will be integral in the creation of innovative solutions. Ideal candidate will periodically analyze user requests to determine service efficiency and customer satisfaction while recommending appropriate changes in procedures and operations. Furthermore, design and lead R&D efforts for new software, desktops, laptops, and peripheral purchases so customer’s purchase the most acceptable products to meet their business needs.
Networking & Systems Administration:
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supported corporate infrastructure.
- Implements network security
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure, and directs more junior technicians when necessary.
- Oversees the administration of the company's LAN/WAN.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
Help Desk Administration:
- Oversees all help desk activities at corporate office.
- Responds to escalated help desk issues.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of our tracking software.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Ensures maximum issue resolutions in minimal time and with high customer satisfaction
- Evaluates new information system products or services and suggests changes to existing products/services to better aide end users
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Manages the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies at the regional level.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Responds/acts on upper-management direction
- Ensure team members pursue or receive relevant training within their areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate with customers to verify proper procedures and mandates are being followed appropriately
- Provide routine brown bags seminars to customers
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces
- Sets and manages internal client expectations
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience with technical environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer Service focused and works well with all organization levels effectively
- Efficiently troubleshoot and problem solve all technical issues relevant to supporting a LAN environment
- Adaptability to team or individual work efforts
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows Server Software & Desktop administration
- 5+ years’ experience configuring and troubleshooting MS Office applications
- 5+ years’ experience with Dell, Compaq/HP desktop and laptop experience
- Experience using desktop engineering tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) a plus.
- Experience building desktops and laptops
- Experience creating and maintaining desktop imaging (Ghost or similar package) Experience with Active Directory, managing user accounts and passwords, and troubleshooting permissions issues
- Understanding of SharePoint technologies
- Understanding of Cloud Solutions
- Understanding of MDM Solutions
Certifications / License:
- Any Microsoft Certifications (MCSA preferred)
- A bachelors degree in Information Technology or related fields, or equivalent experience.
Job Location: Arlington, VA (DCA Airport)
Job Type: Full-Time (W2)
Job Duration: Contract - Contingent
Salary: Up to $100K
Work Authorization: US Citizenship or Green Card status is required for this position to satisfy ITAR regulations