Sr. UI Site Developer (0141)
- San Diego, CA
Founded in 1984, Primitive Logic is the West Coast’s premier boutique business consulting and technology services firm. We create reusable solutions and leverage technology to quickly increase business performance and profitability for our clients. Based in San Francisco with an expanding presence in Southern California, Primitive Logic is proud to have recently been named the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for 2012 by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. This is our third recognition as the #1 Best Places to Work, and the sixth consecutive year of ranking in the top three. We value open-communication, respect for ideas, a collaborative work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and we want like-minded individuals to join our team!
At Primitive Logic, we recognize that our success is due to the ingenuity and dedication of our employees, so we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes profit sharing, stock options, commuter benefits, paid time off, health benefits and the flexibility you need to maintain balance in your personal and professional life.
As a Sr. Site Developer with Primitive Logic, you’ll be responsible for working with both creative and back end teams on large-scale highly interactive digital user experiences utilizing responsive design techniques.
- A burning need to push site development into its next evolutionary stage
- No fear of clients, or of telling clients things they might need to know but are afraid to hear
- The ability to work collaboratively across disciplines (IA, strategy, interaction design, code) and ideas about how to grow the intersections between them
- The verbal skills to help clients understand what we’re building for them
- You completely get the concepts of both web usability and accessibility
- Experience working on projects with multiple developers in an enterprise development environment
- Consulting mentality: Must be willing to travel to client sites locally as needed on projects.
- Looking to join a fun growing team of developers and creative professionals
Technical Skill Set
- Must understand developing for multiple platforms / OS / Browsers / Devices
- Expert level skills in old school HTML4 as well as HTML5/CSS3 real world experience (Local Storage/Web Sockets)
- Have worked with at least one responsive design framework: (Bootstrap / Gumby / etc.) and/or Mobile Framework
- Hands on experience coding/debugging AJAX requests / AJAX JQuery and JSON against web services (SOAP/RESTful)
- Be able to create, edit, refactor, maintain, debug and troubleshoot a responsive layout and using CSS media queries including table-less CSS layouts
- Hands on experience with DOM, W3C Standards, Browser Standards
- Client side debugging using Firebug, Chrome Web Developer, Fiddler, and etc. (on web and multiple devices)
- Have worked with checking into a code repository (SVN, GitHub, Perforce, etc.) and understand working in a branched code environment
- Portfolio of any design / external website work that you can demo / whiteboard for others
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to apply with LinkedIn or submit your resume. If there is an interest in interviewing you for an available position, a representative from Primitive Logic will contact you in the future. We regret that we are unable to respond to each submission.
All positions with Primitive Logic require a pre-employment background investigation and DOT drug screen. Primitive Logic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Primitive Logic. We keep things simple. We keep things smart.