User Experience Designer
- San Diego, CA
Founded in 1984, Primitive Logic is the West Coast’s premier boutique business consulting and technology services firm. We create reusable solutions and leverage technology to quickly increase business performance and profitability for our clients. Based in San Francisco with an expanding presence in Southern California, Primitive Logic is proud to have been named the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for 2012 by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. This is our third recognition as the #1 Best Places to Work, and the sixth consecutive year of ranking in the top three. We value open-communication, respect for ideas, a collaborative work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and we want like-minded individuals to join our team!
At Primitive Logic, we recognize that our success is due to the ingenuity and dedication of our employees, so we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes profit sharing, stock options, commuter benefits, paid time off, health benefits and the flexibility you need to maintain balance in your personal and professional life.
Primitive Logic is looking for an User Experience Designer to join a growing User Experience team. As Experience Designer you will create compelling user interfaces and propose solutions to complex interaction design problems. You will clearly articulate design decisions, verbally and in beautifully crafted artifacts. You will generate new ideas and strategies for clients.
You are a designer with proven capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. You thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and self-direction. You have an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You excel at providing both analytical as well as highly creative ideas.
You have experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment and you have a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely and iteratively with clients and as a part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Execute interaction design solutions and develop information architecture and navigation systems. Create wireframes, blueprints and prototypes.
- Participate in requirements definition and translate requirements into interface solutions.
- Prepare and conduct usability testing sessions, evaluate results and present actionable recommendations
- Perform heuristic evaluations of web sites and applications.
- Participate in client meetings, present work products to project teams and conduct user experience workshops.
- Research interaction design trends.
- Three or more years of user experience design experience for web sites and applications.
- Strong ability to conceptualize and ideate.
- Strong visual, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes and prototypes.
- Strong working knowledge of Omnigraffle, Axure, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Experience as principal UX Designer on at least one major enterprise-level web site, from start to finish.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be willing to travel to client sites locally. Occasional overnight travel may apply
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Visual and graphic design skills.
- Basic hand coding HTML and CSS
- Experience with lean UX and agile development environments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design or related design field.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to apply with LinkedIn or submit your resume. If there is an interest in interviewing you for an available position, a representative from Primitive Logic will contact you in the future. We regret that we are unable to respond to each submission.
All positions with Primitive Logic require a pre-employment background investigation and DOT drug screen. Primitive Logic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Primitive Logic. We keep things simple. We keep things smart.