Lead Oracle WebCenter Portal Developer (0167)
- Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1984, Primitive Logic is the West Coast’s premier boutique business consulting and technology services firm. We create reusable solutions and leverage technology to quickly increase business performance and profitability for our clients. Based in San Francisco with an expanding presence in Southern California, Primitive Logic is proud to have been named the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for 2012 by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. This is our third recognition as the #1 Best Places to Work, and the sixth consecutive year of ranking in the top three. We value open-communication, respect for ideas, a collaborative work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and we want like-minded individuals to join our team!
At Primitive Logic, we recognize that our success is due to the ingenuity and dedication of our employees, so we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes profit sharing, stock options, commuter benefits, paid time off, health benefits and the flexibility you need to maintain balance in your personal and professional life.
Primitive Logic is one of three partners worldwide to be officially certified by Oracle as their specialized e2.0 Pillar Partner for Portal and Content Management business solutions based on a Service Oriented Architecture. This unique partnership with Oracle enables us to take on cutting-edge web application projects utilizing Oracle’s WebCenter, Weblogic, Universal Content Management (UCM) and Fusion Middleware SOA Suite, all while receiving ongoing training and support from Oracle.
As a WebCenter Portal Developer/Architect with Primitive Logic, you will be responsible for both defining and developing new concepts and features for our clients utilizing Oracle WebCenter Portal. You’ll join our team of experienced developers and architects to work on client projects here in Los Angeles. In depth knowledge and expertise with Java/J2EE development, portal and portlet development tools and technologies such as Java Server Faces (JSF), Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), mobile, flexible and responsive design and open source frameworks will be necessary to succeed in this role.
- 5+ years of web-based development experience
- Experience with WebCenter Portal 11g development and deployment using ADF
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE development, with a strong dose of experience in developing web-based applications using AJAX/JQuery/JSON, JSF and Struts.
- Demonstrates strong command of Java development best practices and design patterns
- Expertise with portal and portlet development standards such as WSRP, JSR-286, etc
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be willing to travel to client sites locally. Occasional overnight travel may apply.
Candidates with one or more of the following will be given higher consideration:
- Experience with WebLogic Portal or other portal vendor technology such as Vignette or IBM.
- WebCenter Content/Universal Content Management or WebCenter Sites (Fatwire) experience
- Experience with Jenkins, SVN, Ant/Maven tools and automating common build/deployment activities
- Demonstrated ability and experience with taking legacy code, and extending it to include new functionality while also performing refactoring to optimize for maintainability, performance or alignment with more modern techniques and standards
- Previous consulting experience
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to apply with LinkedIn or submit your resume. If there is an interest in interviewing you for an available position, a representative from Primitive Logic will contact you in the future. We regret that we are unable to respond to each submission.
All positions with Primitive Logic require a pre-employment background investigation and DOT drug screen. Primitive Logic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Primitive Logic. We keep things simple. We keep things smart.