Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Conway, AR
Founded in late 2008, PrivacyStar is a smartphone application for Android, BlackBerry, and iPhone that provides users with complete control of their smartphones. PrivacyStar has blocked over 120 million calls for our users and filed over 300,000 complaints directly with the Federal Trade Commission.
Our experience includes working with fortune 500 companies and providing complex solutions involving large databases and real time stable environments.
We work with many of the largest telecommunications providers in the United States. We have experience integrating into carrier billing systems, mobile marketing, analytics and converting free trials into paying subscribers.
We have years of regulatory experience working with both Federal and State bodies to define and understand all aspects of consumer protection laws and regulations.
Our mission is to provide consumers with comprehensive privacy on their mobile phone while also allowing easy complaint filing with Federal and State authorities for Do Not Call and Fair Debt Collections Practices Act violations. Our belief is that you should have control over your phone.
Consumer privacy protection related to telephonic communication is our business.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This individual will hold the primary responsibilities for software testing and product quality assurance and verification of product functionality in accordance with design specifications.
Tasks and Duties:
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Design or develop automated testing tools.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
- Conduct historical analyses of test results.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers. Document test procedures to ensure reliability and compliance with standards.
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality. Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Coordinate user or third party testing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior documentation skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Organized and able to complete tasks or projects with limited guidance
- Requires basic knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle.
- 1 - 3 Years of software quality assurance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, information technology, computer science or a related discipline.
Education and Work Experience:Professionals are required to understand and do basic programming as well