Software Engineer Intern
Pronto Marketing is a fast growing company providing fully-managed website and online marketing services to over 1,600 small businesses around the world, primarily in the United States and Canada as well as a growing customer base in Thailand. Founded in 2008 and based in Bangkok, Thailand we have a team of 140+ professionals comprising everything from developers, designers, copywriters to project managers, SEO experts and client support agents working 24x7 building and managing online marketing for our clients.
Our services include the full range of digital marketing services from websites, ecommerce, search and SEO, PPC campaign management, content development and so much more.
You can learn more about us on the web
- Pronto company website: www.prontomarketing.com
- Culture and working at Pronto: http://www.prontomarketing.com/company/careers/
- Pronto on Facebook: www.facebook.com/prontomarketing
This Position is the part of Pronto School Program***.
You will learn:
- How to work within Agile Project. We have different projects that run on different kind of Agile Processes. For example, Scrum and Kanban.
- You will learn how to make use of storyboards and story cards
- Roles in teams will be rotated. You will have in different roles. You can be a coach for some weeks or you can be a developer on other weeks, etc.
- Your communication skill within a team environment will be improved. Within a team, you will learn how to contribue to a team in real situations.
- Quality of work is an important thing to focus on. You will learn how to implement and maintain quality in all your tasks. We utilize automated tests, unit tests, functional tests and continuous integration testings. You will have a chance to learn all of this!
- We are running on Amazon AWS cloudfront. You will have a chance to work with cloud server.
- We are Wordpress experts. Of course, you will be able to study how to configure and code in Wordpress. You will learn how to write unit tests in Wordpress.
- Some of our plugins are connected with AppEngine on the Django platform. You will have a chance to study Python/Django and AppEngine.
- More than working on our product, you will be able to work on small projects to know how to work in a team by yourself. We have mentors who will coach you. The small project could be, for example, a mobile project, machine learning, implementing basic Wordpress plugins, etc. If you have really good ideas, you can propose them too. We also have some ideas for you anyway!
- You will get a certification that you graduated from Pronto School. We will write down what you have learned on this certification. We really care about your future.
- If you can do it well, you will have a chance to work with us! we may offer you a job that you will be really happy to work on it and get money working on really cool things.
- Love to work with a startup company.
- Love to write code and solve problems.
- Love to work in the Agile environment.
- Be able to learn new things. Love to do the research and make it happen.
- Experience in PHP or C++ or any language.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming.
- Highly motivated and passionate about what you work on.
- Open and service minded, proactive with sense of urgency, positive thinking and self-motivated.
- Experience in automated testing (unit test, functional test) is a plus.
- Experience in Web development is a plus.
- Experience in Wordpress theme and plugin is a plus.
- Basic level of experience with WordPress is a plus.
Pronto School Program
The objective of the Pronto School Program is to enable reflection on experiences obtained in the internship and to enhance understanding of academic material by utilization in the internship setting. It is the responsibility of the Pronto School Program to:
- Share knowledge and experiences with students which will help them grow professionally
- Provide students the opportunity to test their interest in and ability for a precise career before permanent commitments are made
- Provide students the opportunity to develop attitudes encouraging effective interpersonal relationships
- Provide students with an in-depth understanding of the formal practical activities of a successful organization
- Increase the students’ sense of responsibility
- Provide students the opportunity to understand informal organizational interrelationships.
- Provide opportunities to attend seminars, workshops, etc. offered during internship
- Complete any or all university evaluations or letters of recommendation for the student file
Conditions of Internships
This program is open to all qualified current students and recent graduates, and is committed to addressing diversity in our company and in the technology, design and online marketing industry.
Applicants must be a university student (junior and senior year) with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
Applicants have completed Bachelor’s Degree and want to improve their skills and acquire experience during the years following their graduation.
All applicants must meet the department standards and successfully pass an academic background approval by the University faculty. Also, the applicants will be interviewed by Pronto.
The applicants should have:
- Familiarity with Programing or Web Development
- Strong ability with written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies and trends
- Ambition to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to “think outside the box”
- Desire to advance your career
Duration & Working Times
The duration of a traineeship is from 3 to 6 months. The Pronto School program traineeship is normally a full-time position but part-time arrangements can be agreed upon depending on both the requirements of the department/program and the availability of the trainee.
As part of the application process, you need to write the ‘Statement of purpose' explaining why you would like to be in this program and show your passion along with the following:
- Letter of Recommendation (optional)
Internships with the Pronto School Program provide an opportunity for selected undergraduate, graduate and recently graduated students who are pursuing a course of study or work in fields related to Pronto Marketing’s directive and activities to:
- Develop skills in the application of theory to practical work situations related to their academic background
- Develop skills and techniques directly applicable to their careers or future work in the field related to Pronto Marketing's mission
- Be prepared to enter into full-time employment in their area of specialization when graduating
- Begin transition from student to professional
- Gain higher levels of academic performance
- Acquire good work habits, professional attitude, growth, maturity and judgement
- Gain experience working both independently and as a team member
Turn your passions into results, ideas into innovations, and vision into vital work and become part of a successful organization that will support your career through teamwork, innovation and unlimited opportunities.