Senior Mobile App Architect
- San Francisco, CA
Propelics creates mobile strategies and world class Apps for the Enterprise.
By 2014, 70% of customer and employee interaction with your business will occur through a mobile device. Most businesses are not ready. Our goal is to help great companies be successful in this transformation. It's a new way of thinking. It's a new way of interacting with customers. With the proper mobile strategy and applications, businesses large and small can realize tremendous benefits in terms of cost savings and increased revenues. Propelics works with our customers to develop their strategy for mobile technology use, and helps organizations down this path by building Apps that redefine how they engage with their customers and employees.
The Propelics leadership team has over 60 years of combined experience in working with enterprise customers to tackle new technologies.
Follow us at:
Propelics is looking to hire / contract to hire a leader in the area of Enterprise Mobility Architecture with demonstrated experience creating world-class mobile apps across native platforms such as iOS and Android as well as with cross-platform development tools. This is a NATIONWIDE opportunity.
The Senior Mobile Architect will work on a variety of exciting project engagements with an exceptional team of professionals. This individual must have experience working with large enterprise clients.
Activities will include: participation in mobile strategy workshops, concept generation, rapid mobile prototyping, mobile app architecture and design, mobile testing design and execution, and mobile app development using the latest technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully developing architectures that push the bounds of innovation.
- Lead, participate in, and execute the delivery of Propelics’ mobile app prototyping and development engagements for client organizations
- Participate in mobile strategy engagements
- Lead the development of mobility solution architectures (both tactical and strategic) to fully manage/support the business needs of Propelics’ clients
- Hands-on mobile application development experience on the various mobile operating systems (iOS, and Android; Cross-platform development tools like Appcelerator and Phone Gap - Preferred)
- Provide subject matter expertise on mobile security, infrastructure, mobile device management (MDM), application development environments (MADPs), user experience for mobile, COE, operations support
- Conduct vendor selection of mobile technologies/platforms and familiar with major vendors on the market
- Experience with Device Testing – Application, Network, Performance and provide best practices
- Track and document requirements for mobility development projects and enhancements (e.g. architectural functional requirements) including detailed implementation plans
- Identify business and technology risks associated with architectural solutions
- Design and document API specifications. Strong familiarity with enterprise web services.
- Review code and project deliverables and confirm they are of the highest quality
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Methodologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of server-side technologies
- Troubleshoot/debug and fix bugs and performance issues
- Work with technical teams to create timeline and cost estimates
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new related technologies
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle including requirements analysis, estimating, design, implementation, testing, and release
- Mentor the development staff to ensure continuous development of technical skills
- Monday-Friday travel is required for our client engagements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/engineering, Masters preferred
- At least 6 years of software development experience with large enterprise projects
- At least 4 years experience with designing and deploying mobile web and native mobile applications for B2E, B2B, and B2C customers
- Hands on coder with expert level knowledge of a Mobile Platform (Android / iOS) and / or a Cross Platform Development Toolset
- Strong knowledge of mobile market including key players, emerging technologies, and new business models (including platforms, MDM solutions, network architecture and other mobile technology)
- Deep knowledge of enterprise IT architectures, web services, and business processes
- Great communications skills – both internal and client facing
- Presentation abilities to technical and business client teams
- Familiarity with mobile user-experience best practices
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; including strong presentation skills
- Experience working in a team to develop and execute mobile strategies, plans, and programs for clients across many industries.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build consensus at both the executive and developer levels with proven leadership skills to mentor a globally dispersed and diverse engineering team
- Understanding of accepted human interface guidelines and best practices to develop mobile applications across the mobile ecosystem