Senior Design Engineer
- Houston, TX
Proserv is a production technology and services company for the energy industry. We have the know-how to maximize recovery, minimize costs and enhance sustainability. Our experts devise ingeniously simple and reliable solutions that deliver every time.
With dynamic brands such as: Gilmore Valves, Argus Subsea, Hydrafit Subsea, Proserv Offshore and Proserv Technology, together, we offer a truly international service for projects of any scale. Quite simply, this alignment enables Proserv to give clients even higher standards of quality, service and reliability.
The Senior Design Engineer will design, provide engineering support and lead maintenance efforts for the Gilmore Valve brand products.
Responsibilities include: product design, compilation and maintenance of engineering design files, engineering drawings, technical specifications, assembly procedures, test procedures, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and technical reports. This professional will also present presentations and support both internal and external customers in an effort to enhance the quality and strength of Gilmore Valves.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Technically responsible for the design or re-design, development and qualification testing of new and existing assigned range of GVC products.
- Provide technical direction and daily supervision to assisting engineering, design and documentation support staff in the engineering department.
- Report progress on project / product / business stream and market assignments.
- Responsible for the complete and correct compilation of all the necessary design calculations, layouts, procedures, test programs, and material selections that are required to ensure fit, form and function integrity of assigned GVC products.
- Review and approve the relevant engineering computer-aided (CAD) and document files, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), Engineering Release Notices (ERNs) and ERATTA forms.
- Originate and initially approve related product ECN actions.
- Maintain product design, drawing and documentation database.
- Assist in maintaining department operating procedures and CAD drafting standards.
- Assist in department internal and external ISO 9000 audits.
- Create complete product layouts, working detail drawings, subassemblies and final assemblies including various views, sections & details.
- Research, plan, coordinate and proposes original designs of mechanical products and systems.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant and equivalent engineering discipline.
- At least four years experience designing hydraulic control valves in the oil and gas or nuclear industry required.
- At least three years design engineering experience with shutter valves, pressure regulators, Directional Control Valves (DCV), High Integrity Pipeline Protection Systems (HIPPS) or downhole HPHT valves is required.
- Pressure Regulator design or sustainability experience highly preferred.
- Modeling software experience required. SoildWorks or Pro/E preferred. FEA preferred.
- Must exhibit engineering skills of creativity, analysis and problem solving ability.
- Experiment and equipment testing experience desired.
- Results oriented with good project management, organizational, prioritization, and team-based skills.
- Working knowledge of design and regulatory requirements (ASME, API, ATEC, ANSI, …) a plus
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org