- Houston, TX
Proserv is a production technology and services company for the energy industry. We have the know-how to maximize recovery, minimize costs and enhance sustainability. Our experts devise ingeniously simple and reliable solutions that deliver every time.
With dynamic brands such as: Gilmore Valves, Argus Subsea, Hydrafit Subsea, Proserv Offshore and Proserv Technology, together, we offer a truly international service for projects of any scale. Quite simply, this alignment enables Proserv to give clients even higher standards of quality, service and reliability.
Work with engineers and Designers to produce parts, assemblies and drawings of oilfield subsea equipment. The right candidate for this position will be motivated, innovative, resourceful, well organized with excellent inter-personal skills.
Designs, plans and oversees the specification, development, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment and/or machinery. This professional will also conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and improve efficiency.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Create complete product layouts, working detail drawings, subassemblies and final assemblies including various views, sections & details.
- Drawings show complete dimensional data for engineering or manufacturing purposes.
- Research, plan, coordinate and proposes original designs of mechanical products and systems.
- Perform original design and layout work to develop new or modified products in CAD.
- Employ extensive knowledge of engineering theory, mathematics and practical mechanics to solve design and production problems.
- Consult with appropriate engineers during the engineering and design phase to ensure that assembly best practices are considered.
- Identify potential obstacles and establish corrective measures prior to release.
- Provide technical assistance on the shop floor when required.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for assembly to optimize resources, processes and procedures.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning.
- Confers with personnel and customers to clarify or resolve problems, and develops design.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Confers with other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Must have 2+ years experience with SolidWorks and a firm understand of parametric modeling practices
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude a plus
- Ability to create and manage bill of materials
- MS Word, MS Excel experience
- API 6A knowledge a plus
- GD & T a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Ability to follow up on tasks
- Must have a strong attention to detail and ability to work accurately
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org