Research and Development Engineer
- Johnstown, Canada
Join our Winning Team!
Prysmian Group, the world’s leading cable solutions provider is hiring for its Prescott Facility. With over 130 years of aggregated history, 22,000 people in 50 countries and almost 100 plants, Prysmian offers great career opportunities and challenges. We offer very competitive compensation and benefits packages (dental too!).
Reports to the Chief Engineer or his designee:
- Initiate, develop and introduce into production new energy able products to meet market requirements
- Introduce alternative materials into the factory
- Product and process improvements via experimental trials with alternate materials, design of technological parameters and equipment changes
- Optimization of new product and processes, qualification of equipments and defining the optimum technological parameters to produce new products
- Assist Process Engineering in troubleshooting root causes of process and product issues.
- Perform technical feasibility studies for the proposal of medium range product developments
- In conjunction with Process Engineering develop improve and optimize current manufacturing processes.
- Develop thorough documentation all technological developments and share this knowledge within the organization.
- Participation to key CSA Standards developments and responsible for CSA Product Certifications.
- Provide Technological assistance to other location for key product developments
- Provide 24/7 coverage on factory related process assistance as needed. (i.e. on call)
BS degree Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Polymer Engineering
Two to four years experience in manufacturing environment ( in extrusion process)
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving abilities
- Technical writing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Computer literate
- Basic mechanical and electrical
- Extrusion process including all associated equipment
- Function in a team environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Hazardous Waste Training
Please send us your resume so that we can evaluate if you are a potential candidate. We will interview you within the coming weeks if you meet our criteria. We will only contact those individuals that are qualified.