Team Lead, UI
- Pune, India
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
Are you passionate about User Interface? Are you a detail oriented person? Do you take pride in creating responsive and sleek interface? Do you thrive to make a mark in the industry? PubMatic is looking for a User Interface Manager who can lead a team of UI engineers and deliver a best in class user interface in the industry. To be successful in the role, you will need a solid foundation in Computer Science, advanced development and influencing skills, be a natural leader who can rally the team and enable their full potential. You will not only make a major impact to PubMatic but you will also raise the bar in Ad-Tech industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 5+ software developers, mentor them in areas of UI development, architecture and maintenance.
- Engage with cross functional teams like Product, UX, QA, Account management, and Backend platforms in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes in PubMatic & work with the UI team to execute.
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance and to high quality standards.
- Plan the UI resources across different PubMatic modules based on the business needs.
- Need to Design the UI solutions & manage the delivery of business-critical features as well as Infrastructure improvement tasks.
- Design and review the UI work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed.
- Improve current UI technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules.
- Follow the PubMatic processes for software development. e.g. Agile ceremonies like scrums
- Plan activities for improving skills within the team.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality of the deliverables of the team members.
- Manage the career growth of the team members.
- 5+ years of experience in UI Technologies.
- Problem solving skills and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Experienced in working and coordinating with cross functional teams like Product, Marketing, UX, QA, Account management, and Backend platform teams in multiple US cities and Pune, India.
- Knowledgeable of REST api patterns and design concerns.
- Knowledgeable of the performance, scalability & security considerations for web applications.
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Should have been working as Team Lead/Senior Software engineer for the past 2 to 3 years.
- 2+ years of experience in mentoring & managing engineers.
- 2+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques.
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- Finding ways to increase the throughput of the team with innovation & motivation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Experience in handling Engineering escalations from customers will be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and innovate, excellent team building and leadership skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels.
- Strong operational and project management skills in a product development environment.
- Experience level: 4 - 8 years.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.