- Stockholm, Sweden
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Department and Team!
The Platform Solutions team at PubMatic works directly with our sales and account teams to showcase the value proposition of PubMatic’s products and solutions. We serve as technical experts and advisors in all phases of the platform sales life cycle process. This includes technical consulting, sales support and implementation, training, and custom requirements definition. We work as a global team, supporting each other across international offices. We work with autonomy in our role but also work closely with local colleagues across a variety of departments.
The Solutions Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the sales process, including post-sale client onboarding and support.
- Act as a technical specialist for PubMatic’s personalized advertising solutions
- Provide clients with technical support and training
- Support our Sales and Account Management team in the development and implementation of complex client solutions
- Monitor, identify, troubleshoot and solve technical issues of existing clients
- Own and execute complex integrations including header-bidding, Open RTB, APIs, data partner integrations etc.
- Provide technical expertise in ad serving and ad network operations
- Research and resolve higher-level technical escalations that account/ops managers are unable to resolve
- Work directly with account managers, engineers and clients to gather additional information and troubleshoot issues
- Supporting the sales team through all aspects of the sales cycle
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to sales and account teams to assist in developing sales pitch, closing sales, and defining customization requirements for new and existing customers
- Support pre-sales efforts for RFI and RFP submissions
- Work with customer-facing teams to identify business goals, opportunities, and online marketing objectives and assure highest level of implementation of the PubMatic platform
- Define technical requirements and specifications for custom solution development
- Provide internal training to sales and account management teams
Candidates for this position should be proactive, respond positively and actively to challenge and pressure. Confidence to handle problems and people is required. We seek a take-charge person, ingenious and practical in finding solutions to problems and putting those solutions into action.
- In depth experience with online advertising technology and systems
- Experience managing complex projects ranging from client setup work, convincing clients on the benefits of integration, and evaluating custom solutions
- Exposure to programmatic ecosystem
- In-depth understanding of one ad serving technologies (DART, Atlas, Right Media, Adx) and cookie based attribution in order to architect non-standard campaigns
- Strong consultative sales/pre-sales skills, personable, charismatic, solutions oriented, creative thinker
- Advanced knowledge of campaign management, tagging, reporting & troubleshooting
- Fluent in Swedish & English
Personal characteristics and skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Exceptional technical aptitude and a confident presenter who can prepare and present technical material to both business and technical audiences
- Positive can-do attitude; Enthusiastic about problem solving and building technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized
- Able to deliver against multiple simultaneous tasks with excellence
- Ability to work well with teams
Location & Travel
Based in Stockholm, with some travel required (day trips, some overnights required)