- Pune, India
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Manager Engineering will work closely with other functional leaders in the company such as business, support, product management, marketing and others. They will be responsible for product development activities.
- Provide vision and leadership for existing and emerging product and application technologies through an understanding of customer and business needs
- Manage a team of 7-10 engineers
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Provide project management, technical direction and guidance for all product development
- Ensure the optimal application of current technology, engineering resources, outsourced design services and project contractors to meet product development and/or customer requirements
- Ensure product requirements are properly documented and understood by all stake holders early in the development
- Ensure timely and top quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high performance results
- Provide guidance to the team for technical escalations for escalations that come to the engineering
- Oversee, coordinate and manage multiple product development projects
- Foster engineering’s “best practices” for the development of high-quality products
- Recruit, motivate and empower employees, assign and direct their activities
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves to provide hands-on coding and coaching
- Candidates should have worked on at least one of the following domains as his main job for a continuous period of 2 years in the past 4 years – online advertising, data analytics, e-commerce, Web 2.0, Web Services, Scalability/performance, etc.
- Experienced in industry best practices of DevOps engineering and software development.
- Experience in handling engineering escalations from customers will be preferred
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and innovate, excellent team building and leadership skills
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels
- Strong operational and project management skills in a product development environment
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Recent experience in working with Startups is highly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.