Big Data Engineer
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry.
Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, our publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands.
Since 2006, our focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
See how we work at https://vimeo.com/103893936
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building a scalable, fault-tolerant and highly available big data platform, handling the pedabytes of global data behind PubMatic Analytics.
The platform is built to ingest and process data, providing real-time 'slice and dice' analytics for both internal & external customers.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer, responsible for delivering industry-leading solutions, optimizing the platform, challenging the norms and bring in solutions for industry critical problems.
- Work in a cross-functional environment to architect, design and develop new functions in our product line.
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- Improve codebase, bring in latest technologies, re-architect modules to increase the throughput and performance.
- Mentor junior engineers in software development, technology and processes.
* Relocation to the Bay Area is available *
- Solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design, and creation of architectural specifications.
- R&D contributions and production deployments of large backend systems, with at least 2 years supporting big data use cases.
- Designing and implementing data processing pipelines with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, YARN, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Avro, Parquet, SQL and NoSQL data warehouses.
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- Deep experience defining big data solution architectures and component designs, exploring technical feasibility trade-offs, creating POCs using new technologies, and productizing the best solutions in line with business requirements.
- Proven track record in working with internal customers to understand their use cases, and developing technology to enable analytic insight at SCALE.
- Passion for developing and maintaining a high quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities with good time management and a dedication to doing what it takes to get the work done right.
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.