Principal Software Engineer, Video Advertising
- Redwood City, CA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry.
Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, our publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands.
Since 2006, our focus on data and innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
See how we work at https://vimeo.com/103893936
- The Principal Software Engineer of Video Advertising designs best-in-class video ad serving product and infrastructure, maintains existing infrastructure, and performs new implementations
- Designs and implements new features through innovation and data-driven iterations at PubMatic scale, serving billions of impressions per day
- Pushes the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods - working closely with product managers, designers and other engineering teams
- Understands the complexities and limitations of both the ad technology ecosystem and the device landscape (web, mobile, OTT etc.)
- Understands HTML ad renderers, video ad renderers, VAST translators and VPAID renderer
- Thrives working with a sense of urgency, rapidly iterating on both existing features and new technologies
* A relocation package to the Bay Area is available for this hire *
- 5+ years of software development experience required
- 1+ years of programmatic and guaranteed video ad-serving experience required
- Understanding of video advertising technologies and standards (VAST, VMAP, VPAID)
- Algorithms, data structures, and strong coding background
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- BS or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.