Director of Data Science and Machine Learning
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry.
Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, our publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands.
Since 2006, our focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
See how we work at https://vimeo.com/103893936
PubMatic works with nearly half of the U.S. ComScore 100 publishers, managing more than 20 billion ad impressions per day and processing 95% of the U.S. Internet population.
We are looking for a hands-on leader for our Data Science and Machine Learning team. Someone who will develop, implement and extend algorithms for real-time auctioning, predictions, floor pricing, ad inventory estimation, and audience segmentations, etc.
You will lead teams efforts to apply data science and machine learning skills to help design and implement core components of our algorithms to help model and monetize the large amounts of data that PubMatic generates every day.
Role and Responsibility
- Responsible for providing direction and day-to-day management for Data Science and Machine Learning team.
- Leading development and implementation of scalable algorithmic solutions for real-time auctioning, prediction, floor pricing, ad inventory estimation, and audience segmentations.
- Managing challenges associated with investigating and understanding large data sets, and building models based on Big Data solutions
- Ensure excellence in delivery to internal and external customers. Ensure advanced agile standards are maintained in research, development, QA, and implementation phases.
- Build deep partnerships with business, product management, and technology leaders
- Lead, hire, manage and mentor a global team of Data Scientists and algorithm engineers
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience in the Data Science and Machine Learning field with increasing responsibility.
- Minimum 2 years hands on commercial experience in machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, pattern recognition, and probability theory, especially in AdTech industry.
- Experience in AdTech industry, especially domain knowledge programmatic advertising/ RTB, and DMPs is a plus.
- Proficiency in analytical modeling tools like R, Spark ML
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language like Java, Scala, or Python
- Knowledge and experience working with Hive and MapReduce
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.