Associate General Counsel
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
This role will report to the General Counsel in our Redwood City office and support the company on legal operations globally including providing advice and support to the company on a wide range of legal, commercial and compliance matters.
- Review, draft and negotiate various contracts, including customer, vendor and business development contracts.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice and support across a broad spectrum of internal functions.
- Participate in monitoring and administering the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements, including global data protection and privacy laws.
- Help drive legal departmental initiatives, and handle other areas or special projects as the need arises.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant law firm and in-house experience
- Current member of the California bar
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Excellent contract experience, including an understanding of intellectual property issues and ability to issue spot for legal and business issues
- Experience with privacy laws
- Experience in the ad tech industry preferred but not required
- Ability to negotiate positively and proactively with internal and external clients and close transactions efficiently
- Strong analytical skills and ability to strike practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to rapidly-changing environments
- Strong personal integrity
- A desire to be a part of a team and a belief that as a team we get more done.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.