Data Analyst (Reporting & Analytics Team)
- Baner Road, Pune, MH, India
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is looking for sharp analytical brains to work as Data Analysts in the Reporting & Analytics functions. People with a penchant for extracting the truth out of numbers and summarizing it for the finance and operations teams are ones that best fit the role.
- You will be responsible for collecting and analysing data using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL and hive databases and presenting them in easy-to-understand formats.
- Should have basic knowledge of running map-reduce jobs in hive databases.
- You will be expected to retrieve data from publishers, ad networks & aggregators and develop spreadsheets and excel macros to filter, analyse, generate reports and draw conclusions from that data.
- Your formulae and macros should be bug-free and should perform well.
- Apart from reporting tasks, the person will work closely with other functions in Account Management to create tools that will improve productivity and the revenue yield generated for our clients.
- Ability to cut through clutter and focus on the primary metrics while understanding the business requirements of the different teams within Client Services is critical.
DA Reporting & Analytics:
- Preferred Qualifications: Graduation in Math, Statistics, Science or Engineering
- Exposure to business analysis, tracking metrics and building revenue monitoring tools
- Should be involved in MIS functions requiring independent analysis of data
- Exposure to financial modeling and operations analysis is a plus
- Should have basic programming knowledge
- Any Graduation, as specified by role, with good academic record / Masters is a plus
- Total work experience of 3 to 5 years in a fast paced change-oriented environment
- Should have worked in shifts interacting with US or UK clientele / vendors
- Logical reasoning ability, Problem solving and analytical mindset
- Pro-active, Quick learning, Detail oriented
- Excellent written and spoken English with ability to handle communication across levels
- MS Office products including strong grasp of Excel (Charting, Formulae, Pivots), VB Macros in Excel and MS Access, VB programming exposure is a plus
- SQL, Hive Database / Data Analytics tools, Web programming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.