Big Data Intern (Full Time | Winter 2018)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry.
Featuring a leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, our publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands.
Since 2006, our focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
See how we work at https://vimeo.com/103893936
PubMatic's Analytics Engineering group is responsible for building scalable, fault-tolerant and highly available solutions. Our systems manage pedabytes of data, providing both real-time, as well as 'slice & dice' capability, to our internal and external customers.
We are immediately hiring an enthusiastic, full time intern who exhibits a thirst for knowledge, eager to solve complex problems in the Data and Ad Tech spaces.
• Either working towards or recently completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science; a concentration in Big Data Analytics is preferred
• Great programming skills: passion for developing and maintaining high-quality code and test base
• Experience with both Java & scripting technologies: any tools/games you’ve built or open source contributions are a plus
• Great problem solving skills: ability to grasp the complexity of a problem and suggest an efficient solution. Should have a solid understanding of algorithms & data structures.
• Biased towards action: we value calculated risk taking - moving quickly and deliberately to course correct where needed - speed matters here
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications. You will collaborate on functional teams with stakeholders located around the world.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.