Senior Systems Engineer (On Contract)
- Baner Road, Pune, MH, in
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
- Serve as a System Administrator resource for new infrastructure deployment across Data Center, Development, QA, Staging & Production environments.
- Provide on-site and remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of Linux servers.
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage with rotation shifts.
- Assist other departments in engineering for application deployment and release.
- Responsible for server implementation, support and JIRA ticket handling.
- Loading OS and troubleshooting server hardware/connectivity issues.
- Work with System Engineers to develop documentation standards for technical designs, Operational run-books.
- Lead in capacity planning, tuning, infrastructure planning in the data-center and define standards for the infrastructure.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of all Development, Test, Stage and Production service/application infrastructure in a growing and dynamic environment.
- 2-5 years System Administration experience with Linux.
- 1+ years’ DevOps focus with Ansible, Chef, or Puppet experience.
- 1+ years’ experience with Amazon Web Services as a platform.
- Hands on experience on CentOS/Redhat Linux enterprise system administration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of apache/nginx , MySQL (Administration, Replication Management).
- Advanced experience with various Virtualization technologies like VMware, Xenserver and KVM, OpenStack, Cloudstack, AWS.
- Experience with monitoring systems like Graphite, Cacti, Nagios/Zabbix/Zenoss, Collectd, fluentd.
- Familiarity with large scale infrastructure, distributed systems, and application performance.
- Good theoretical knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with Docker highly preferred.
- Scripting experience, specifically with Ruby and BASH to automate workloads and routine system admin tasks.
- Well versed in internet architectures including web, application, and database components such as Apache, IIS, memcache, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with SANs and NAS including iSCSI, NFS and FC.
- Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering (specifically Iptables)
- General Networking skills required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners and across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate at the highest technical levels of organizational decision-making.
- Well organised, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines.
- UG – Any Graduate (Preferred BCA, BCS, B.Sc Computer Science, Diploma in Computer Science, BE, MCA, MCS)
- Certifications – RHCE, MCSE, CCNA, ITIL Foundation (Certificates will be an added advantage)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.