Software Engineer - Java ( On Contract)
- Baner Road, Pune, Maharashtra, in
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building scalable, fault-tolerant and highly available big data platform handling PB’s of data that is behind PubMatic Analytics. We work with a large data volume, flowing through PubMatic platform from across the globe. The platform is built to ingest & process data to provide real-time and slice and dice analytics for our internal & external customers. We are looking for Senior Software Engineer, responsible for delivering industry-leading solutions, optimizing the platform, challenging the norms and bring in solutions for industry critical problems.
- Work in a cross-functional environment to architect, design and develop new functions in our product line.
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- 2-5 years of software development experience
- Expert in building Java/Scala applications.
- The candidate must have some experience on Big Data/Hadoop/Spark technologies.
- Experience in building large scale distributed applications and web services.
- Solid computer science fundamentals including object oriented programming, functional programming, data structures, design patterns and algorithm design.
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- Passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.