- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates eleven offices and six data centers worldwide.
We currently seek a General Counsel to lead the legal department (with an existing team of two attorneys) and manage the global legal affairs of the company. This executive will serve as an integral member of PubMatics Leadership Team, comprised of the company’s functional leaders. Prior General Counsel experience is a plus, but not a must. Our client will consider strong #2 lawyers at well-branded technology companies. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of relevant legal experience. In-house experience is required. S/he must also possess strong business acumen, communication skills and have the ability to translate complex legal principles into practical and effective business solutions. Ad Technology experience is preferred but not required. Experience advising and interacting with top-level management and Board of Directors is strongly preferred.
Superb interpersonal skills are a must (enthusiastic, can-do attitude, gets along with others, adaptable, great manager, responsive, proactive). The demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people in a fast-paced environment is critical. In addition, excellent credentials and membership to the California Bar is preferred.
Legal experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Commercial Law
- Privacy Law
- General Corporate Law/M&A
- Securities Law Compliance and Corporate Governance
- Personnel Matters
- Commercial and Regulatory Compliance
- Intellectual Property Strategy & Management
- Litigation Management
- Legal Department & Outside Counsel Management
The General Counsel will be responsible for all legal affairs of the Company and will provide the highest quality legal counsel to the CEO, Board of Directors and other senior management.
They will also serve as a strategic business partner who collaborates with other senior leaders to accelerate the evolution of the Company. Other duties include advising company executives on a broad range of international, general corporate, privacy, federal and state regulatory and compliance matters, IP management, contract negotiation, outside counsel management and overall management of the legal department.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant law firm and in-house experience
- Current member of the California bar
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Excellent contract experience, including an understanding of intellectual property issues and ability to issue spot for legal and business issues
- Experience with privacy laws
- Experience in the ad tech industry preferred but not required
- Ability to negotiate positively and proactively with internal and external clients and close transactions efficiently
- Strong analytical skills and ability to strike a practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to rapidly-changing environments
- Strong personal integrity
- A desire to be a part of a team and a belief that as a team we get more done.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.