Senior Technical Program Manager (On Contract)
- Baner road, Pune, MH, in
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Sr. Technical Program Manager role will report directly to the Head of PMO and will bear extreme importance due to the nature of duties it will perform. This role will have two main areas of responsibility:
- Lead the agile transformation initiative at PubMatic. As a global agile coach, this person will train, measure and mentor product development teams as they adopt advanced agile practices.
- Manage cross functional programs. In this capacity, the Program Manager will partner with Product and Engineering leaders to identify, prioritize and execute complex product development initiatives. He/she will also partner with the Engineering and IT leadership to identify and spearhead the execution of technology initiatives that are aimed at improving software development processes, internal applications and PubMatic’s global IT infrastructure.
Following are some key duties this role will perform:
- Develop and deliver agile trainings to stakeholders.
- Refine the PubMatic Agile Maturity Model and assess teams as they progress toward higher levels of maturity.
- Coach product development teams on industry leading agile practices.
- Lead day to day execution of programs while working with teams comprising of highly accomplished engineering, UX, product and QA leads.
- Interact with engineering executives on a daily basis in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Proactively manage risks, issues and dependencies.
- Partner with Product and Dev Managers.
- Contribute towards product roadmap planning.
- Manage resource planning.
- Coach the product development teams on agile product development processes.
- Manage reporting, monitoring and control functions during product development.
- Manage the development and roll out of processes, internal applications and PubMatic’s global IT infrastructure.
- Set a gold standard for concise, polished and crisp communication and coach others on how to improve.
- In-depth knowledge of agile development methodologies. Prior experience in owning agile transformation initiatives and coaching teams.
- At least ten years of program management or similar experience where the candidate has led cross-functional teams.
- Past experience as a Technical Product Manager or an Engineering Lead/Manager. The candidate must be technically savvy and completely at ease with leading successful engineering focused discussions.
- At least three years of experience interacting (presenting, facilitating decisions making) with VP and C-Level managers.
- Impeccable communication skills - ability to tailor the communication style to suit the audience and the situation.
- Pragmatic and logical approach - ability to rein in creative minds at the right time in order to ensure focus on execution.
- Ability to quickly understand context and apply big-picture thinking to achieve tangible results.\
- Exemplary time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- Expert in exercising leadership by influence.
- Get-it-done mindset and a hands on approach to managing teams.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior Ad-tech experience.
- Prior consulting experience with a leading IT Consulting firm.
- Scrum (Product Owner and Scrum Master) and PMP certifications.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a strongly associated discipline.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.