Director, Product Marketing
- Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Director, Product Marketing will be responsible for defining and executing marketing strategies for PubMatic’s industry leading platform that enables Publishers to maximize their digital assets. In this role, he/she will position the company’s advertising technology platform and products to the marketplace, PubMatic prospects and clients.
In addition, this role will be responsible for developing product positioning and messaging for sales collateral, sales tools and will work closely with sales enablement and product management. The Director, Product Marketing will be an outstanding communicator, creative thinker, and possess strong analytical skills. S/he will have a strong understanding of the online advertising or marketing technology ecosystem.
The individual brought into this role must possess strong product and marketing skills in order to synthesize and communicate PubMatic’s offerings to a wide range of audiences including existing clients, prospects, partners, sales people, consultants, industry analysts and trade press. Additionally, the Product Marketer will facilitate feedback to the Product Management team for improvements and upgrades to PubMatic’s products.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
The ideal candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities such as market analysis, strategy, solution definition, positioning, competitive analysis, communication, pricing, packaging and promotion of key products and solutions being undertaken by the business.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that clearly articulates the benefits and differentiation of PubMatic’s product suite in the market. Plan and drive all go-to-market positioning, packaging, pricing for new and enhanced products.
- Work closely with product management and sales teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages; identify, prioritize and launch product modifications/ additions to improve customer satisfaction, revenue and retention
- Product launches – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Sales enablement – partner with sales enablement leaders to communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products; develop product collateral for all audiences (publishers, networks, press, etc.) including demos, sales presentations & training, FAQs, one sheets, and other product collateral as needed
- Market and competitive intelligence – be an expert on several products and the buying criteria; identify and differentiate PubMatic products from competition and how we position against other offerings in meaningful ways; collect, analyze and distribute customer & competitive intelligence.
The Director, Product Marketing will be influential across all of PubMatic’s departments as they will be defining the solutions that drive PubMatic’s business, so this individual must be able to translate the vision of the product marketing team into execution by all other parts of PubMatic’s business. As such, being fluent in dealing with complexity at a global level, across multiple channels, across multiple product lines, and with regards to multiple competitors and partners will be key:
- 6 - 10 years product or marketing experience, primarily in product marketing and ideally within the online advertising technology industry (network, exchange, large Web publisher, agency) or marketing technology company.
- The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment.
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
- Creative thinking around innovative messaging and presentation strategies a must; roll up your sleeves to create/drive visual tools to sell/explain products and services.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Strong understanding of technology, product development and innovation.
- Exceptional project management, organizational, writing, & presentation skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests.
- Values Match with PubMatic’s core values of Customer Service, Innovation, Biased toward Action Teamwork, and Integrity.
- The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.