UI Development Intern (Full Time | Spring 2018)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory.
Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is hiring a UI Development Intern for an immediate start with our team in Redwood City.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement the UI solutions for PubMatic Application/Modules in PubMatic's technical infrastructure
- Interact with Product, UX, QA, Account management and Backend platform teams in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance and to high-quality standards
- Create new or fix existing UI common components in the PubMatic UI component library
- Design and review the UI work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed
- Interact with cross functional teams like Java, QA etc to resolve the dependencies of UI and ensure timely delivery of the features
- Improve current UI technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules
- Automate production, development, QA build and deployment processes of the UI modules
- 1+ years of UI development experience
- 1+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Experience in working and coordinating with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of REST API patterns and design concerns
- Knowledge of the performance and scalability considerations for web applications
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively
Bonus Points for:
- Prior experience working in startups
- Prior experience with managing technical escalations from customers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.