Senior Systems Engineer
- Baner, Pune, MH, in
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
Linux System Engineer would be responsible for provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. He would be contributing to the technical research and development to drive innovation within the infrastructure team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build and operate enterprise systems, utilizing best practices for system deployment and design to include but not limited to the following system areas:
- Server hardware and operating systems
- Virtualization - KVM, VMWare
- AWS, Azure, and other virtualization technologies
- Security tools and components
- Network and system automation
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/ operational requirements
- Identification of automation opportunities within Client s network infrastructure
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary Primary Skills:
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage with rotational shifts.
- Handling escalations.
- 5-8 years system administration experience with Linux.
- Working knowledge of apache, nginx , MySQL Replication Management, administration.
- Shell scripting/ programming experience
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience on Linux administration and engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners and across all levels of the organisation.
- Should be analytical in problem solving
- Should be a team player and collaborate effectively with the members Experience range:
- Knowledge of Hadoop environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience with monitoring systems like Nagios, Zabbix, Observium, Cacti, etc.
- Familiarity with large scale infrastructure, distributed systems, and application performance.
- Networking skills required (Load Balancer, Adding server in network)
- Well organised, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines. Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related discipline
- Relevant certifications preferred - RHCE, CCNA, ITIL
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.