- Baner Road, Pune, MH
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands.
20 terabytes of data and over 15 billion advertising impression pass through our network every day. That equates to 95% of the US population being served served ads by our servers! This scale of our data needs a Network infrastructure and Data Centers to manage and support it. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for all enterprise LAN / WAN implementation, maintenance, and network security across all the PubMatic data centers. Based out of our Redwood City headquarters the role will requires support and some travel to Data Centers on the east coast and west coast as well as in EMEA and APAC.
- Manage IP connectivity and latency for all data center networks
- Configure BGP transit and private peering
- Architect, plan, and articulate various networking solutions
- Manage and perform WAN installations
- Manage network performance improvements and enhancements
- Monitor and scale network bandwidth as needed
- Implement future PubMatic service data centers (domestic or International)
- Plan and execute complex network upgrades and migration activities
- Manage all aspects of network security (load balancers, firewalls. router ACLs)
- Manage Remote Access for PubMatic users and clients
- Perform network hardware/software maintenance
- Proactively plan for scale and infrastructure growth
- Research new tools and network technologies
- Update/standardize device firmware as needed
- Manage service requests and support tickets
- Travel to data centers (15-20% per year)
- On-call after hours and emergency support as needed
- Manage vendor support issues and engagements
- Deliver projects within an aggressive timeframe and under pressure
- Communicate and document infrastructure changes and enhancements
- 5-8 yrs exp. with Enterprise or Service Provider Routers (Juniper MX480, MX80 SRX /Cisco / Arista routers).
- 5+ yrs exp. With Juniper QFX-5100, EX4550 core switches and EX4300 and EX4200 TOR switching experience.
- 5+ yrs exp. With HA Load Balancing ( Citrix Netscaler, F5)
- 5-8 yrs with 10G, LACP, MPLS, SFP(+), single-mode/multi-mode fiber, IPSec VPN
- 5-8 yrs with routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP and traffic engineering
- 5+ yrs with network based ACL’s, policy based routing, and firewall management
- 5-8 yrs exp. with NAT, VLANs, VLAN tagging, MAC address tables, and switching
- Expertise in setting up Virtual-Chassis and Multi-Chassis link aggregation on Juniper gear using best practices and implementing the appropriate spanning tree protocols on TORs in such environments.
- Expertise working on Fortinet (1500D 1000D 200D) ASA (5510/20) firewalls.
- Experience in migrating live datacenters and experience on L3 and L2 connectivity between the datacenters during such live migrations.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and popular Internet services
- 5+ yrs’ experience with Data Center Network Infrastructure and monitoring
- Expertise working on Nagios, Zabbix and Observium monitoring tools
- Network Security, Network Architecture and Network Management
- Experience with high connection rate load-balancing
- 3-5+ yrs’ experience in systems monitoring administration
- Ability to generate and maintain technical documentation
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication
- Experience with network management platforms and protocols
- Highly analytical with attention to details
- Good working knowledge of network sniffing tools (tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Experience in rapidly scaling Data Centers
- Expertise in Layer 7 load-balancing including expert-level knowledge of HTTP
- protocol and its behavior.
- Extensive experieince in network fundamentals (IP addressing /subnetting,
- routing, switching, VLANs, NAT, VPN)
- Works well with a diverse team
Additional Skills of use:
- JNCIE/CCIE or equivalent experience with Juniper, Cisco and Arista platforms
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- IPv6 experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, and other distributed attack
- Experience with scripting and automating network operations activities. ie. bash,
- python scripting/ puppet, ansible
- Operational experience with flow based technologies
- UNIX/Linux OS Networking knowledge
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.