- 4-11-6 Minami Aoyama, Tokyo, Tokyo
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
he Platform Solutions team at PubMatic works directly with our sales and account teams to showcase the value proposition of PubMatic’s products and solutions. We serve as technical experts and advisors in all phases of the platform sales life cycle process. This includes technical consulting, sales support and implementation, training, and custom requirements definition.
Working as a global team, we enjoy autonomy in our individual roles, while collaborating cross-functionally with each other across projects.
The Sales Solutions Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the sales process, including post-sale client onboarding and support.
- Contribute to sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Evangelize the PubMatic solution to the assigned market
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to sales and account teams to assist in developing sales pitch, closing sales, and defining customization requirements for new and existing customers
- Partner with the PubMatic engineering and product teams to develop custom solutions and resolve issues during the sales cycle
- Prepare and deliver live product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Support pre-sales efforts for RFI and RFP submissions
- Work with customer-facing teams to identify business goals, opportunities, and online marketing objectives and assure highest level of implementation of the PubMatic platform
- Define technical requirements and specifications for custom solution development
- Provide subject matter expertise to PubMatic account teams and customers in terms of best practices and capabilities to ensure balanced revenue strategies
- Provide internal training to sales and account management teams
Successful candidates are proactive thinkers, flexible with shifting project priorities and pressure. You demonstrate confidence to handle problems, as well as the ability to work with a variety of different people. We seek a practical, take-charge engineer to help build creative solutions and put them into action.
- Good level of spoken English
- Understanding of *nix(Linux/Unix) systems and familiarity with command line
- In-depth understanding of ad serving technology (DART, Atlas, Right Media, Adx) and cookie based attribution in order to architect non-standard campaigns
- Experience managing complex projects ranging from client setup work, convincing clients on the benefits of integration, and evaluating custom solutions
- Strong consultative sales skills, personable, charismatic, solutions oriented, creative thinker
- Advanced knowledge of digital campaign management, tagging, and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering
Nice to Have:
- Prior mobile app (Android/iOS) development experience
- Prior video advertising solutions experience
Personal characteristics and skills:
- Ability to influence performance of cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Exceptional technical aptitude and a confident presenter who can prepare and present technical material to both business and technical audiences
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude; enthusiastic about problem solving and building technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized
- Able to deliver against multiple, simultaneous tasks with excellence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.