Senior Manager Sales Operations
- 3005 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our Sales Operations team. The Senior Manager of Sales Operations drives the functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, and sales compensation design and administration, This individual will be a critical part of ensuring our go-to-market (GTM) processes support the execution of business and sales objectives.
The ideal candidate should be highly analytical, able to provide business insights by analyzing and distilling large amounts of data, and have a good understanding of business processes.
This position requires an agile, detail-oriented individual who can quickly shift priorities and focus. This individual will work on a variety of projects, including quarterly bonus calculation, analysis for the GTM team, deal approvals, evaluation of sales KPIs and other metrics.
The candidate should have excellent communication skills since this role serves as the liaison between the sales organization that is distributed around the world and other departments, such as HR, Legal, and Finance.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Facilitates reporting for recurring GTM Sales Leadership meeting, and recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Manages ongoing deal approval requirements and serve as deal desk for new deal approvals
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported. · Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- 5+ years experience in sales operations, finance, consulting, and/or other operational roles
- Advanced user of Excel and comfortable manipulating large data sets
- Experience with creating and running reports utilizing SalesForce.com
- Good problem-solving and research abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build relationships across the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.