Senior Software Engineer - Java (PMP)
- Baner, Pune, MH, in
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
Team: Private Marketplace and Media Buyer Console
This team is responsible for developing the cutting-edge solutions to allow seamless transactions between buyer and sellers. It involves letting buyers discover the relevant ad inventory, and facilitating the buying at scale in the Open Market and Private Marketplace. The buyers are able target the deals on hundreds of parameters like audience segments, geography, browser etc. These are complex workflows that involve hundreds of micro services talking to each other in a distributed environment.
We are looking for highly motivated, passionate, result-oriented engineers who can take up the challenge of building massively scalable micro services. The candidate thrives in fast paced environment and loves pushing the envelope. The candidate must be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment. The candidate must exhibit excellent communication skills, and should be able to talk to different stakeholders such as engineering leaders, product and peers with impact, eloquence, and authenticity.
If you enjoy building highly scalable micro services in a fun loving start up culture with enterprise resources, then it’s time to bid good bye to that boring, stagnant and unchallenging job.
- Convert the business stories into technical solutions
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top-quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
· Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
· 5+ years of product development experience
· Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
· Expertise in Java, Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns
· Experience in coding and implementing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed environment
· Working experience in a Linux/UNIX environment is good to have
· Experience with relational databases and database concepts, preferably MySQL
· Experience with SQL and Java optimization for real-time systems
· Familiarity with version control systems Git and build tools like Maven
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· BE/B.Tech./M.Sc./MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.