Director, Publisher Development
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
As a leader on PubMatic’s Publisher Development team, you will be responsible for establishing long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with digital media companies. You will be a key member of PubMatic’s sales team involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long term relationships.
The best candidates will have strong programmatic and non-programmatic Publisher relationships, as well as a clear understanding of the perspectives of buyers in the marketplace. They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales, and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies, and operational requirements for real time media monetization.
- Work with the leadership team to define, achieve and exceed revenue and business goals
- Develop a publisher sales strategy and sales team that drives accelerated business growth
- Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape go-to-market narrative, and be an expert at articulating the story internally and externally
- Develop territory and prospect plans
- Reach or exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Continuously prospect for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Present PubMatic solutions for maximum immediate revenue recognition
- Evangelize the PubMatic solution to the assigned market
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Participate in industry events, both local and remote
- Develop and grow PubMatic’s market presence
- Ideal candidate will have worked at an ad serving technology company (DoubleClick, Atlas), an SSP, an ad network (ValueClick, 24/7, Ad.com), Publisher and/or large media company
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies
- Strong set of existing relationships with large media companies at the VP Sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment; professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong written, presenting & oral communication skills
- Ability to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy, self-motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment
- 6+ years in a sales or business development role in the online industry, with a minimum of 10 overall years work experience (advanced degree years will count towards total)
- BA/BS degree required, MBA/JD a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.