Country Manager, Japan
- YM Terrace, Suite B 4-11-6 Minami Aoyama, Tokyo
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Country Manager, Japan is a key member of PubMatic’s Go-To-Market Team, responsible for managing the strategy, sales and operations of PubMatic in Japan. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team; iterating and executing the market strategy, managing Sales and Account Management to deliver against key revenue and market share objectives. This is a rare opportunity to join a global, well-funded, mid stage-company and be an instrumental contributor to its global expansion.
Candidates for this position will have demonstrable experience of building a digital business, combined with strong Agency/Demand relationships, Publisher knowledge and cross-industry partner contacts at senior levels. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Sales Management, a demonstrated track record of progressive responsibility and success in building and managing businesses in Japan and the ability to combine strategic thinking with tactical execution. They will have a mature and well-informed view of the dynamics of cross-platform digital advertising and the rise of programmatic buying. They will have a sophisticated point of view on yield strategies for publishers, and operational requirements for real-time media monetisation. Most importantly, the candidate will be a deal maker and expert business developer with the ability to gain access to and close commercial relationships with the key publishers and media buyers across the region. The position reports in the VP for APAC.
- Define and execute a demand strategy whilst working with the Advertiser Solutions team to ensure that inventory is monetised at superior levels
- Work with the Leadership Team to define, achieve and exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Manage a team of staff comprising Publisher and Demand Sales, Account Management and Solutions Engineering
- Work within a Regional and Global organisation structure, deploying central and local resources from Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Product and Engineering to achieve business objectives
- Ensure best in class customer service and account management. Identify process and operational efficiencies specific to Japan to drive increased customer satisfaction
- Establish relationships with local, regional and global demand partners (Ad Networks, Exchanges, DSPs and Agency Trading Desks) to support a healthy and growing PubMatic ecosystem in Japan
- Partner with Global and Regional Marketing teams to define and support the execution of a relevant and targeted marketing strategy, aligned with market strategy and revenue objectives
- Establish PubMatic as a thought leader in the online advertising industry through press interviews and engagements
- Identify, prioritise and feedback product requirements to teams in the US and India. Provide a balanced and accurate assessment of what is required from Product to be successful in Japan
- Be an active participant in the Go-To-Market Team, ensuring Japan is both contributing to and benefitting from the growth of PubMatic’s global business
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Sales and/or Sales Management with a track record of success
- Demonstrated success in delivering robust business growth and market presence, especially in new or emerging technologies that require broad market education and consultative sales
- Analytical and strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity, employing strong time management abilities and project management skills
- A passion for high-growth, early stage companies and a clear understanding of how to operate in such organisations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.