Director, Product Management – Unified Ad Server
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
As Director, Product Management – Unified Ad Server, you will drive the next generation of our publisher ad server.
Programmatic advertising continues to grow rapidly - several new market trends continue to emerge and existing trends become stronger. You will make sure that PubMatic is at the forefront of bringing an innovative unified ad server to market.
Your product will allow publishers and app developers best monetize their inventory by holistically optimizing between direct-sold, programmatic direct and indirect inventory delivered to both web browsers and apps. You will evolve the vision; be in-market continuing to gather feedback; deliver on your roadmap; influence the roadmap of other product management teams to deliver best in class experience to PubMatic’s publishers.
PubMatic seeks an experienced director of product management with previous demonstrated success in ideating and executing strategic projects by leveraging data and incorporating both customer feedback and industry trends. A successful director of product management director should be skilled at collaborating with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Sales, Marketing) to help define and communicate product vision. The director of product management should be very knowledgeable with both direct and programmatic ad serving for both web and in-app to drive growth and innovation across PubMatic’s global platform. You will work with key members of the product management, business and engineering organizations to develop strategies, technologies and tactics to holistically optimize between direct- and indirect- programmatic sold inventory and all ad formats especially video. The successful candidate will have more than seven years of experience in ad technology, with recent meaningful experience specifically in ad serving and technologies, including the following:
- Be responsible for your product portfolio; drive the vision, build product roadmap and drive execution through all stages of product lifecycle from concept to delivery
- Drive GTM process in collaboration with Product Marketing to drive adoption of your products
- Evangelize your products with group and company leadership and your global stakeholders
- Direct engineering investment judiciously, actively manage trade-offs and be a key part of your products’ agile team including user experience design
- Speak to customers regularly to get feedback and creatively get competitive insights
- Encourage, coach and mentor the people you work with
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in web applications; demonstrated success in building and launching products; B2B preferred
- Experience with ad tech/ RTB, PMP, mobile, video and related programmatic technologies
- Experience working and executing effectively in a global environment
- Enjoys the wide variety of tasks involved in a product management role
- Agile, Scrum, project management, story-drafting
- Shown ability to articulate business opportunities and customer needs into product vision, requirements and ultimately user stories. Demonstrated skill in writing concise and clear definitions of prioritized features for the technical teams to implement. Strong attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker who can use a variety of information including quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills with an ability to explain complex technical matters to both technical and non-technical audiences
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.