Region Director, Central Europe
- Am Kaiserkai 1, 20457 Hamburg, Germany
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates eleven offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Regional Director, Central Europe is a key member of PubMatic’s Go-To-Market Team, responsible for managing the strategy, sales and operations of PubMatic in the DACH region as well as into Eastern Europe. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team; iterating and executing the market strategy, managing Sales and Account Management to deliver against key revenue and market share objectives. This is a rare opportunity to join a global, well-funded, mid stage-company and be an instrumental contributor to its global expansion.
It is imperative that candidates for this position have demonstrable experience of building a digital business, combined with strong Agency/Demand relationships, Publisher knowledge and cross industry partner contacts at senior levels. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Sales Management, a demonstrated track record of progressive responsibility and success in building and managing businesses in Germany and the ability to combine strategic thinking with tactical execution. They will have a mature and well-informed view of the dynamics of cross platform digital advertising and the rise of programmatic buying. They will have sophisticated point of view on yield strategies for publishers, and operational requirements for real time media monetisation. Most importantly, the candidate will be a deal maker and expert business developer with the ability to gain access to and close commercial relationships with the key publishers and media buyers across the region.
The Regional Director will report into Bill Swanson – PubMatics CRO for EMEA
- Define and execute a demand strategy across display, mobile and video whilst working with the Advertiser Solutions team to ensure that inventory is monetised at superior levels
- Work with the Leadership Team to define, achieve and exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Manage a team of staff comprising Publisher Sales, Demand Sales and Publisher Account Management.
- Work within a Regional and Global organisation structure, deploying central and local resources from Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Product and Engineering to achieve business objectives
- Ensure best in class customer service and account management. Identify process and operational efficiencies specific to Germany to drive increased customer satisfaction
- Establish relationships with local and regional demand partners (Agencies, Ad Networks, Exchanges, DSPs and Agency Trading Desks) to support a healthy and growing PubMatic ecosystem in market.
- Partner with Global and Regional Marketing teams to define and support the execution of a relevant and targeted marketing strategy, aligned with market strategy and revenue objectives
- Establish PubMatic as a thought leader in the online advertising industry through press interviews and speaking engagements
- Identify, prioritise and feedback product requirements to teams in the US and India. Provide a balanced and accurate assessment of what is required from Product to be successful in DACH
- Support any administrative or legal responsibilities that the local law requires
- Be an active participant in the Go-To-Market Team, ensuring the region is both contributing to and benefitting from the growth of PubMatic’s global business
- Lead and develop a growing team of industry professionals.
- Proven successful track record of exceptional team leadership and management skills
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or other post-graduate qualification is preferred
- Solid experience in Sales and/or Sales Management, working in the DACH region, with a track record of proven success in scaling businesses
- Significant industry gravitas and deep demand side contacts at senior level across two of the following areas: Display, Mobile, Video or Native advertising
- Demonstrated success in delivering robust business growth and market presence, especially in new or emerging technologies that require broad market education and consultative sales
- Analytical and strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity, employing strong time management abilities and project management skills
- A passion for high-growth, early stage companies and a clear understanding of how to operate in such organisations
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to present effectively across multiple levels in an organisation including C-level audiences, product and technical teams as well as Sales and Media buying teams
- Fluent written and spoken English
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.