Team Lead - Java (Wrapper)
- Baner - Balewadi Rd, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra 411045, India
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. We exist to help our clients succeed. We work tirelessly to optimize your performance while our SSP enables you to make smart, strategic decisions.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and programmatic tools for media buyers, our publisher-first approach allows advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over ten trillion advertiser bids per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands.
Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fuelled the growth of the programmatic industry and we are proud pioneers in the space. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
Team: Header Bidding and OpenWrap
This team is responsible for developing the cutting edge solutions to handle billion of ad requests on a daily basis. These products open more demands for publishers by connecting to different ad exchanges. These applications get the bids from multiple exchanges, and runs a smart auction to maximize the revenue for the publishers. We have hundreds of servers running across multiple data centers. It is distributed, highly available and low latency environment. This team is at the forefront of the innovation, and has impeccable record of winning all the PubMatic hackathons.
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate, result-oriented Team Lead who can take up the challenge of building massively scalable distributed systems. The candidate thrives in fast paced environment, and loves pushing the envelope. The candidate must be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment. The candidate must exhibit excellent communication skills, and should be able to communicate to different stakeholders (architects, product managers, engineering and QA managers, technical support, sales) with impact, eloquence, and authenticity.
If you enjoy building highly scalable, distributed systems in a fun-loving start-up culture with enterprise resources, then it’s time to bid good bye to that boring, stagnant and unchallenging job.
- Convert the business stories into technical solutions
- Should ensure the all sanctity of the backlog in well maintained starting from backlog grooming, to meeting definition of ready to meeting definition of delivery
- Should ensure all scrum and release train cadences are followed
- Should ensure Agile metrics reflect the right state of the team and project and stakeholders should be able to drive outcomes from them
- Help the team members in removing the bottle necks in the development projects
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- 7+ years of product development experience
- Working experience with building highly scalable, and high performance application
- using Core Java or Go
- Working experience in a Linux/UNIX environment is good to have. Should be willing to adapt, if not experienced in this environment.
- Experience with relational databases and database concepts, preferably MySQL
- Experience with SQL and Java or Go optimization for real-time systems
- Familiarity with version control systems Git and build tools like Maven
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- BE/BTech/BS/BCS/MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.