Director, User Experience
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is hiring a Director of User Experience (UX). In this role, you will be responsible for providing best-in-class user experience, coupling your extensive knowledge with the Product team’s business goals. The director will lead a design team and drive the product design process from conceptualization, research, functional design, and user interface, through implementation and usability review.
The Director of UX is responsible for attracting, retaining, and developing top talent focused on designing intuitive, quality products through collaboration with end users and modern software development teams. The Director of UX leads a team of designers to support in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization, and support cross-functional product teams.
- Effectively lead design efforts and manage junior team members
- Compellingly communicate your ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Function as a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing, and across time zones
- Own various web application interfaces
- Work within an Agile methodology
- Work with engineers and QA to deliver polished final product
- Evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Mentor junior members of the design team
- Work closely with Executive team
- 10 years of experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams from start to finish for enterprise level clients
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices - and you're always looking to improve on your process
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment
- Power to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- You can produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
- A deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision
- Experience working in and evolving design systems
- Ability to lead and conduct on-site client stakeholder interviews
- Understanding of component based design principals and pattern libraries
- Required: Experience managing teams of designers
- Required: Ability to travel as needed
- Adtech experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.