Senior Java Engineer
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. We exist to help our clients succeed. We work tirelessly to optimize your performance while our SSP enables you to make smart, strategic decisions.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory.
Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building a scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available platform to manage multiple pedabytes of data.
Our platform is built to ingest and process, providing real-time 'slice and dice' analytics for both internal & external customers.
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to help build industry-leading solutions, optimize the platform, and challenge assumptions - delivering solutions for our most critical problems.
· Work in a cross-functional environment to architect, design and develop new functions in our product line
· Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features
· Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
· Improve codebase, bring in latest technologies, re-architect modules to increase the throughput and performance
· Mentor junior engineers in software development, technology and processes
· 5+ years of solid Java development experience
· 2+ years of microservices development
· 2+ years RESTful API development
· Demonstrated experience with technical leadership of development projects
· Solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design, and creation of architectural specifications
· R&D contributions and production deployments of large backend systems
· Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
· Passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment.
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications
· Prior design and implementation experience with data processing pipelines for Hadoop, Map Reduce, YARN, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Avro, Parquet, SQL, or NoSQL data warehouse
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.