Director, Advertiser Solutions
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Director of Ad Solutions is a highly visible and strategically important role at PubMatic. We are looking for an individual whose digital media experience has given her or him a keen understanding of real-time bidding, a mastery of the full programmatic supply chain, and a network of agency relationships. PubMatic is changing the conversation around how buyers access supply. Working out of our New York City office, the Director of Ad Solutions will be tasked with engaging senior executives at major agencies, challenging their current assumptions, and selling in new partnership ideas. Successfully doing so requires a strategic, collaborative thinker who can bring in other PubMatic directors, executives, and subject-matter experts as needed. The Director of Ad Solutions also manages a small team of DSP and Agency account executives responsible who can help move larger partnerships forward through their conversations and day-to-day account management.
The ideal candidate has experience at either a DSP or SSP and deep relationships within agency holding companies. He or she enjoys networking at industry functions, staying current on the latest programmatic trends, and proactively seeking out knowledge specific to the inner-workings of PubMatic’s technology. The role requires an ability to think creatively and collaborate with others in executing long-term, complex deals. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales, and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies and operational requirements for real time media monetization.
- 8 years of related experience in sales, business development, and/or product within an advertising technology company
- Past experiences guiding deals that may involve global collaboration between multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Growth mindset: willing to take risks, ask questions, and even appear foolish in order to learn; not focused on status or authority
- Solution leadership: able to shape the roadmap of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relationship with our Product Management and R&D team
- Understand the dynamics of the sell-side, most notably operations of supply side platforms and ad serving tech
- Superb communicator and service-oriented leader
- Ability to present effectively to C-level executives and confidently navigate challenges
- Ultra-high EQ
- Define and execute PubMatic’s Biddable IO sales strategy across DSPs and agency holding companies
- Manage several highly talented, independent DSP and agency account executives
- Instill a culture of collaboration and accountability
- Travel as necessary in support of business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings)
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction peers in other offices and PubMatic senior leadership. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions and possess a deep understanding of PubMatic’s technology, service offerings, and capabilities.
In addition, we highly value individuals who are:
- Optimistic but realistic and with a strong sense of humor
- Highly motivated to work for a growth business, and aware of the difference relative to working for a large corporate company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.