Engineering Manager / Principal Java Engineer
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory.
Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring an Engineering Manager or Principal Java Engineer to lead a small team of Java developers.
This is a hands-on Engineering role with leadership responsibilities.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building a scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available platform for the petabytes of data in PubMatic Analytics. Our platform is built to ingest & process data, providing real-time, 'slice & dice' analytics for both internal & external customers.
This hire will be responsible for building industry-leading solutions, optimizing the platform, and challenging our assumptions - delivering solutions for critical problems.
- Work in a cross-functional environment to architect, design and develop new functions in our product line
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house, as well as customer environments
- Improve codebase, bring in latest technologies and re-architect modules to increase the throughput and performance
- Mentor junior engineers in software development, technology and processes
- 8+ years of solid Java development experience
- 2+ years of microservices development
- 2+ years of direct management or mentoring junior engineers
- Solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design and building architectural specs
- R&D contributions and production deployments of large backend systems
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- Passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base - enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications
- Demonstrated ability to lead development projects and work collaboratively with stakeholders
Nice to Have:
- Prior design and implementation experience with data processing pipelines
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.