Director, Marketing Research
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates eleven offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Director of Marketing Research will be responsible for elevating PubMatic’s thought leadership positioning in market by owning all aspects of scope, project design, coordination delivery and presentation of company research. We are seeking a creative and high-energy individual willing to collaborate with our marketing, product, sales and account management teams to understand the business needs and inform the first- and third-party research initiatives that will address the needs.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned researcher and storyteller with strong written and oral communications, project management and client facing experience, who loves identifying impactful trends within complex data sets. Candidates must be committed to teamwork, and able to work effectively in a large, fast paced organization. They will own proprietary and partner research development (including survey-based and platform data-based projects); vendor management for 3rd party data syndication (including budget management); and analyst relations.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research projects, managing resources and working in collaboration with senior executives and customers
- Manage centralized research budget
- Work with the engineering, finance and marketing teams to create original research that utilizes our vast database of information and positions the company as a leader in the industry
- Assist in writing white papers and research studies, in a clear and compelling manner, and help create data visualizations (i.e. infographics) to showcase insights
- Develop research-driven educational materials that can be leveraged across the organization and with customers
- Manage relationships with third party analytics companies as well as external data and research vendors and work with them to commission joint research papers, thought-leadership pieces and sales enablement tools
- Conduct regular briefings with industry analysts and ensure they remain up to date on company news and updates
- Partner with sales and marketing teams to develop custom research projects
- Present data insights and research to internal and external audiences, including analysts, journalists and customers
- Own company’s Net Promoter Score survey program and manage execution via automated systems, data analysis, and share insights with the organization
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record (advanced degree preferred)
- Three to Five years experience in global market research, industry analysis or similar numerate, research-related field
- Confident expertise around programmatic advertising and the media industry
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated capacity for creating visually appealing written analyses for consumption by clients, publishers and investors
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. SQL desirable
- An understanding of statistical software tools and their application to specific studies
- Experience with Qualtrics a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.