Director, Events Marketing
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates eleven offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Director, Events Marketing will own PubMatic’s global Marquee events activity as well as hosted and sponsored events in North America. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the role will contribute to long term marketing strategies and campaigns, program development, and facilitate the execution of events, including but not limited to, conferences, trade shows, roadshows, executive meetings, cocktail parties, executive dinners and breakfasts. Using a results-oriented approach, the Director will generate creative ideas to further enhance PubMatic hosted events as well as the company’s presence at industry events and help to drive the overall positioning and value proposition of the company. The successful candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented team player with the ability to prioritize effectively and manage projects in a rapidly changing environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop event marketing strategy and logistics, including annual planning, budgeting, and creation of events with an eye on ROI.
- Oversight of budget, creative, timelines; venue selection; catering, photography, décor, lighting and sound; talent transportation; marketing materials; set-up and run-of-show; and contracts and billing
- Supervise and partner with any external consultant(s) responsible for event logistics
- Support internal and external marketing activities including creative
- Manage event sponsorships with any eye toward speaking engagements and other industry initiatives
- Identify and purchase creative marketing items that reflect PubMatic's brand
- Develop and implement effective communication channels to execute strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, venues and partners
- Promote events to different audiences via digital, print and social media channels
- Collaborate with sales teams to develop invitation lists and follow up plans to ensure highest possible attendance at company sponsored events
- Identify success metrics and provide relevant post event reports, in addition to managing related marketing operations (event trackers, calendars, finance and legal approval processes)
- Ability to recognize issues and problem solve quickly and appropriately
- Work with members of the marketing team to create event marketing collateral and campaigns, giveaways and production design
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of marketing and event coordination experience and project management skills
- Experience in digital advertising industry preferred but not required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, vendors, and consultants
- Ability to be highly responsive, work well under pressure, problem solve quickly, and work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience creating and managing budgets
- Results oriented, highly organized, with great attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills; proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Skilled in marketing automation programs, Salesforce, Pardot, and event management programs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.