Senior Director, Publisher Development
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates eleven offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Senior Director, Publisher Development for the East manages the Publisher Development team in soliciting and contracting premium direct publishers as partners for PubMatic. The role is responsible for driving revenue growth via new publisher acquisition, client retention and up-selling of current publisher customers both individually and through team goals.
As the manager of PubMatic’s Publisher Development East Coast team, you will be responsible for establishing, long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with digital media companies and other Alexa 1000 publishers. You will report directly to the Head of US Publisher Development.
The best candidates will have strong Publisher relationships, substantial programmatic experience, as well as a clear understanding of the perspectives of buyers in the marketplace. They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales and management, and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies, and operational requirements for real time media monetization.
You will be familiar with Enterprise sales and excel in selling complex or technical products with a long sales cycle.
- Work with the leadership team to define, achieve and exceed revenue and business goals
- Develop a publisher sales strategy and sales team that drives accelerated business growth
- Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape go-to-market narrative, and be an expert at articulating the story internally and externally
- Manage lead assignments and Salesforce utilization
- Develop territory and prospect plans
- Reach or exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Continuously prospect for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Coordinate with global team members in selling to multi-national publishers
- Present PubMatic solutions for maximum immediate revenue recognition
- Evangelize the PubMatic solution to the assigned market
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Participate in industry events, both local and remote
- Develop and grow PubMatic’s market presence
- Previous programmatic advertising experience
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies
- Sales management experience in the digital industry
- Strong set of existing relationships with media companies at the VP Sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment; professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong written, presenting & oral communication skills
- Ability to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy, self-motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment
- Well versed in the use of Salesforce.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.