Senior Software Engineer - JAVA
- Baner road, pune, Maharashtra, in
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over 2 trillion+ ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic BigData Engineering team is responsible for building highly scalable and robust platform to process terabytes of data and provide valuable reporting insights to customers. We are looking for Senior Software Engineer who can design and develop highly scalable and robust applications for our Analytics platform.
- Design, develop, big and analytics applications at PubMatic, scaling across multiple data centers, geographies and time zones.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high performance results
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- 3+ years coding experience in Java, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design, and creation of architectural specifications.
- 3+ years contributing to R&D and production deployments of large backend systems, with at least 2 years supporting big data use cases.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering large scale web applications and REST APIs
- Expertise in developing Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Expertise in big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase etc. is a preferred.
- Minimum experience: 4 years
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.