Senior Java Engineer – Core Platform
- Baner Road, Pune, Maharashtra
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over 2 trillion+ ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
He/She will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development and providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
• Participate in software design meetings, write technical design documents and propose design solutions.
• Development of the product / modules independently.
• Responsible for writing unit test, integration test, re-factoring, code reviews & documentation.
• Understand & maintain existing code-base by regular re-factoring and applying requested fixes and features.
• Experience of working within a fast-paced Agile development process.
• Maintain application stability by monitoring key metrics and improving code base accordingly.
• Should be flexible to learn new technology / require frameworks.
• 4-8 years of hands on experience in software development.
• Should have excellent knowledge of OOPS Concept and experience in Core Java and J2EE (Java, Spring, Hibernate/ MyBatis).
• Should have good experience in REST Web Service development.
• Should have good knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL and nice to have knowledge of nosql Dbs like mongoDB etc.
• Should have good knowledge and hands on experience of any of scripting languages like Shell Script / PHP / Python.
• Should have good knowledge of Data Structures.
• Should have experience in JUNIT.
• Good knowledge of Unix OS is preferred.
• Working experience of tools/technologies like Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, GIT , Docker.
• Good to have knowledge of front end technologies and frameworks like Angular JS.
• Familiarity with Test Driven Development, re-factoring, code reviews, continuous integration/deliver and Agile development practices.
• Should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (CS / IT/ EE / E&TC) or Master’s degree in Computer Science (MCS / MCA) from well- known Institutes / Universities.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.