- Baner Road, Baner, Pune, MAHARASHTRA, in
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Program Management team at PubMatic fuels the prioritisation and execution of corporate strategies. Members of the Program Management team lead critical, cross-functional and complex initiatives to completion by ensuring that geographically distributed teams execute seamlessly.
The Program Manager role will report directly to the Head of PMO and will bear extreme importance due to the nature of duties it will perform. This role will have three main areas of responsibility:
- Management of cross functional programs aligned with a product vertical. In this capacity, the Program Manager will partner with Product and Engineering leaders to identify, prioritize and execute complex product development initiatives.
- Partner with the Engineering and IT leadership to identify and spearhead the execution of technology initiatives aimed at improving software development processes, internal applications and PubMatic’s global IT infrastructure.
- Management of agile transformation initiative at PubMatic. In this capacity, the Program Manager will train, measure and mentor product development agile teams as they adopt advanced agile practices. This role may involve hands-on coaching, classroom training for the Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
Following are some key duties this role will perform:
- Lead day to day execution of programs while working with teams comprising of highly accomplished engineering, UX, product and QA leads
- Interact with engineering executives on a daily basis in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Proactively manage risks, issues and dependencies
- Partner with Product and Engineering Managers and:
- Contribute towards product road-map planning
- Manage resource planning
- Coach the product development teams on agile product development processes
- Manage reporting, monitoring and control functions during product development
- Set a gold standard for concise, polished and crisp communication and coach others on how to improve
- Define, evangelize and manage the evolution of custom processes and frameworks in order to fill process and execution gaps
- Manage the development and roll out of processes, internal applications and PubMatic’s global IT infrastructure
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a strongly associated discipline
- In-depth and practical knowledge of agile development methodologies
- At least 10 years of overall experience, of which 5 years in program management or similar experience where the candidate has led cross-functional teams
- At least 3 years of experience interacting (presenting, facilitating decisions making) with VP and C-Level managers
- Past experience as a Technical Product Manager or an Engineering Lead/Manager. The candidate must be technically savvy and completely at ease with leading successful engineering focused discussions
- Impeccable communication skills – ability to tailor the communication style to suit the audience and the situation
- Pragmatic and logical approach – ability to rein in creative minds at the right time in order to ensure focus on execution
- Ability to quickly understand context and apply big-picture thinking to achieve tangible results
- Exemplary time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Expert in exercising leadership by influence
- Get-it-done mindset and a hands on approach to managing teams
Nice to Haves:
- Prior Ad-tech experience
- Previous experience running IT Infrastructure projects
- Prior consulting experience with a leading IT Consulting firm
- Scrum (Product Owner and Scrum Master) and PMP certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.